Are you ready to make a real difference?
Brolly can provide you with a small company work culture, big company clients, and a cutting edge product. We get excited by solving difficult problems, organised architectures, creating great user experiences and being at the cutting edge of everything that we do.
Join our team
We’re on the hunt for a Front-end Developer to join our busy team and ambitious team. This is a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing start-up in Melbourne and make your mark on a unique big data platform!
We know that creating high-quality products take time, creativity, guts and determination. We also know that we need to be pragmatic about how we solve problems, so we use a wide variety of tools and principles to help us get to our goals. We want you to be the type of person who feels the same way.
Desired Skills and Experience
Creativity, attention to detail, exceptional problem-solving skills are all things we value here, along with:
- Expertise in React framework (including Webpack, Redux state management and sagas
- Expertise in API design/delivery using REST, gRPC and/or GraphQL interfaces
- Expertise in responsive web development
- Exposure to modern web tooling such as Gulp, SAAS/CSS, Docker
- Proficient with front-end testing
- Experience with version control systems such as Git and familiar with the SDLC branching strategies such as Gitflow, Trunk, etc.
- Excellent communication skills and team worker
- Strong problem-solving ability
- Experience with Continuous Delivery
Bonus points for:
- Experience with SVG, canvas, Web3D, GIS, data visualisation using D3 or similar
In this role you will be:
- Programming independently and pair programming with other developers on more complex tasks (bug fixing, creating new features and refactoring)
- Independently researching and designing solutions, presenting to team for design critique and iterating
- Continuously learning, providing feedback and help to other team members and iteratively improving our web applications design/code (Brolly)
Curious and eager to challenge current conventions
Is this you? And are you looking for an opportunity to use your profound passion and drive to develop brilliant products? Then we need your energy, tech skills, and inspiration!
Join us and:
- Get the opportunity to boost your career working with the technology of tomorrow
- Be a part of building something new and ground-breaking
- Get the opportunity to develop yourself personally and professionally
- Become part of a Melbourne start-up on a global journey
- Enjoy working in an agile, adaptive and forward-looking work environment
- Bring your curiosity and we will give you freedom, influence, and responsibility
- Join a culture where we learn as we go