Security & Compliance
Keeping our customers’ data safe is our priority
Brolly respects our customers’ privacy and keeping our customers’ data protected at all times is our highest priority. This security policy provides a high-level overview of the security practices put in place to achieve that objective. Have questions or feedback? Feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Dedicated security team
Our security team is comprised of security experts dedicated to improving the security of our organisation. Our team has played lead roles in designing and building highly secure Internet facing systems at companies ranging from startups to large Government Departments. Our employees are trained on security incident response and are on call 24/7.
- All of our services run in the cloud. We don’t host or run our own routers, load balancers, DNS servers, or physical servers.
- Our service is built on Amazon Web Services (AWS). They provide strong security measures to protect our infrastructure and are compliant with most certifications. You can read more about their practices here.
Network level security monitoring and protection
Our network security architecture consists of multiple security zones. We monitor and protect our network, to make sure no unauthorized access is performed using:
- A virtual private cloud (VPC), a bastion host or VPN with network access control lists (ACL’s) and no public IP addresses.
- A firewall that monitors and controls incoming and outgoing network traffic.
- An Intrusion Detection and/or Prevention technologies (IDS/IPS) solution that monitors and blocks potential malicious packets.
- IP address filtering
- We use systems to monitor and protect our infrastructure from automated scanners, bots and targeted attacks. It blocks attacks and alerts in case of critical threats. It also brings additional features like IP blocking etc.
We use Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) mitigation services powered by an industry-leading solution.
Encryption in transit
- All data sent to or from our infrastructure is encrypted in transit via industry best-practices using Transport Layer Security (TLS).
- You can see our SSLLabs report here.
Encryption at rest
- All our user data (including passwords) is encrypted using battled-proofed encryption algorithms in the database.
Data retention and removal
We retain our users data for a period of 90 days after the trials end. All data is then completely removed from the dashboard and server. Every user can request the removal of usage data by contacting support. Read more about our privacy settings at https://brolly.com.au/privacy-policy/.
Business continuity and disaster recovery
We back up all our critical assets and regularly attempt to restore the backup to guarantee a fast recovery in case of disaster. All our backups are encrypted.
Application security monitoring
- We use a security monitoring solution to get visibility into our application security, identify attacks and respond quickly to a data breach.
- We use technologies to monitor exceptions, logs and detect anomalies in our applications.
- We collect and store logs to provide an audit trail of our applications activity.
- We use systems to monitor our applications. Security events are logged and notifications are sent in case of critical attacks to allow for fast remediation.
Application security protection
- We use a runtime protection system that identifies and blocks OWASP Top 10 and business logic attacks in real-time.
We develop following security best practices and frameworks (OWASP Top 10, SANS Top 25). We use the following best practices to ensure the highest level of security in our software:
- Developers participate in regular security training to learn about common vulnerabilities and threats
- We review our code for security vulnerabilities
- We regularly update our dependencies and make sure none of them has known vulnerabilities
- We use Static Application Security Testing (SAST) to detect basic security vulnerabilities in our codebase
- We use Dynamic Application Security Testing (DAST) to scan our applications
Account takeover protection
We protect our users against data breaches by monitoring and blocking brute force attacks.
Role-based access control
Advanced role-based access control (RBAC) is offered on all our enterprise accounts and allows our users to define roles and permissions.
- Our strict internal procedure prevents any employee or administrator from gaining access to user data. Limited exceptions can be made for customer support.
- Our employees sign a Non-Disclosure and Confidentiality Agreement to protect our customers sensitive information.